[IP] Update: Weird Question - A Little Off-Topic

Hi all,

My sincere thanks to all of you who wrote with your good words of advice; I'm
especially grateful to George for forwarding the URL to show me how to check
my dog's bg.

With the somewhat inadequate sample I took, Ginger's bg was 366.  Made the
decision to take her to the emergency vet clinic approximately 20 miles away,
where their blood test showed her bg to be at 485.  In spite of the high sugar
and the beginnings of dehydration, she really wasn't too bad off overall
(i.e., her blood was still somewhat alkaline, potassium was elevated and
sodium was off, so she was headed to DKA).  They administered IV insulin and
fluids, I picked her up early this morning and got her to our vet and my baby
will start on injections tonight.

I am so thankful to all the intelligent and sharing people on this list who so
freely and willingly give of their knowledge, skills and abilities - there's a
special place in heaven for each and every one of you.  Thank you!!!

Kathy Fagan
Dx 10/68, pumping 12/17/82