Re: [IP] re: screening in FLA and breastfeeding

--- The Kaddens <email @ redacted> wrote:
> just figured i'd throw in my two cents..
> Our daughter is now 4 and was diagnosed at 12 months
> old. she was nursing on
> demand at diagnosis. (the nutritionist actually told
> me that i wouldnt be able
> to breastfeed a diabetic child, luckily, endo
> corrected that)
> all the nurses in the hospital were shocked to see
> me nursing her and would
> say ' but we thought breastfeeding prevents
> diabetes!"
Are you diabetic?  the idea i think is that the
diabetic mother passes on antibodies to prevent it in
utero and/or breastfeeding.  I so glad you were able
to continue to breastfeed. Surely the best thing for
your child. lol. peg

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!