Re: [IP] insurance Q

> Hugsy has been offered a new job beginning January 28. The paperwork
> said they do not fill prescriptions for one year. This is going to
> be extremmmmmmely hurtful as I take 10 Rx's (he takes 4) as well as
> pumping supplies. I'm covered with pumping supplies for about 2 more
> years. BUT, I have read on here that if you are insured, the new
> employer's carrier should continue your coverage. Please tell me the
> details. Sure would prishurate any favorable posts! (~_^)

hmmm.... the federal law say that the insurance company must accept
you without regard to pre-existing conditions. This may be something
in the "employer" package that does not. I don't know if the fed law
covers that part of the deal. Sounds like a sneaky way to get around
the intent of the federal law. Maybe it is not legit and you can
challenge it. I'd take a good look at the contract of insurance. If
they don't cover Rx's for anyone then you are probably fat out of
luck. Maybe hugsband should look elsewhere or seek additional
compensation since this will be a hardship.