Re: [IP] Re: D prevention

Susan <email @ redacted> wrote:

> There are family associations in some T1 diabetics! My 2 brothers and I
> it. My first cousin had it until she died.
> I am working on a genealogy project. I found a distant cousin from the
> side as my deceased cousin who has a sister and 2 children with it.
> It has to be inherited.

I use "associations" in it's technical, statistical meaning, that is that
there is no statistically significant association between type 1 and family.
Random does not mean it won't happen multiple times in a family.  If it is
truly random, we can expect a certain number of occurrences as this.

One cannot form a scientific opinion on the basis of one family.  It take a
lot of sampling to find a pattern that is not random.  So far, no data
support any conclusion other than random occurrence.

As unlikely as it may seem, a situation such as yours *does* occur as a
random event.

Jim Handsfield