[IP] Re: weird reaction to marshmallows!!

Barbara (and everyone else),

I agree with Jan and James, it's probably the sugar on
your hands or just one of those fun readings we get
every now and again.

However, your post reminded me of something I
discovered a while back.  Be very careful about
washing your hands before testing after using any kind
of moisturizing lotion as well.  There are several
brands on the market now that utilize a glycolic or
AHA-like compound to smooth skin and sometimes that
compound is simply .... sugar.  Sugar is known for
it's exfoliating ability.

I learned the hard way after testing one evening after
getting ready for bed (and using a brand-new
moisturizer) and my BS was extraordinarily high.  I
panicked first, wiped my finger with alcohol, let it
dry and tested again and it was about 200 mg/dl less.
Wiped, dried, tested again, and it was about 100 less
than that.  Finally read the ingredients on the bottle
of moisturizer I had just used and felt like an idiot.

Thanks for reminding me, Barbara - thought I'd pass
this information along as well.