Re: [IP] marathon discouraged by dr. and other depression inducers

<< I also began training this week for Team Diabetes to run in the Kona
and was feeling great about it. I was so motivated.
But then this morning I had my annual gyno exam and told my doctor about my
marathon plans. She was very discouraging. She advised against it based on
the stress it would put on my body and particularly my kidneys. >>

You know what, Deanna?  You're a smart girl.  I trust you to talk with other
diabetic athletes, talk with your endo (who I would guess is more
knowledgeable about diabetes than a gynecologist), and then listen to your
heart and make an educated decision--based on what's right for YOU, not what
other people tell you.

Please don't let what *one* person says to you affect your inner confidence
and strength.  I had the same thing as you:  one kidney test that was out of
range (the next two were fine), and my endo has completely supported my plan
to ride my bicycle cross country.  Check into
http://www.diabetes-exercise.org/.  They have support groups for diabetic
athletes--and I checked, and there's one in Los Angeles.

Ask questions, do research, then DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU.  And enjoy your
pump start tomorrow!   :-)