Re: [IP] marathon discouraged by dr. and other depression inducers

Get a second opinion! Marathons are NOT the totally elite event they once were. It sounds like you have really made progress in your control - talking to the endo definately sounds like a much better plan. Make a list of the plusses and minuses - this will of course include any possible kidney problems or other types - and then you can make a educated choice.

Just like the many many questions I remember from you about a pump - this is one that has many sides, options etc to it as well. So what if you walk half the marathon? To go 26 miles is a great achievement - however you do it. I wouldn't let one scaredy cat doc (and ob/gyns are not generally up on the latest treatments etc for diabetes) stop you.

Research it some more - then decide.

Linda & Dax