Re: Diabetes in the family (was)Re: [IP] An interesting piece

email @ redacted writes:

> Not only is there a three-fold greater likelihood of a father with diabetes
> passing it on to a child than a mother with diabetes ( albeit still a VERY
> VERY small percentage), but my non-scientific "sampling" of all the many
> families I know are disproportionately skewed towards DAUGHTERS of fathers
> with diabetes, more so than mothers with sons, who develop diabetes....Of

Well I would like to contribute to your "sampling"  My brother and I are both
type 1 and his daughter was diagnosed when she was 20 months.  We have no
other family history of type 1 in our family.  No cousins, no aunts or uncles
or grandparents but type 2 is there.  But does this mean that my son's
children are more susceptible?  Just curious.
type 1 3/83
pump 3/98