Re: [IP] An interesting piece:

> > I understand that there is a 6% chance for the
> children to develop Type
> > I if the father has D and only a 2% chance if the
> mother does.  I
> > thought that was interesting.
> >
> i thought I read somewhere that this had something
to do with the mother passing on antibodies.  If it is
caused by a virus the antibodies are present in the
mother who has diabetes and passes them to the baby in
utero possibly reducing the risk for the autoimmune
reaction to begin. I also read breastfeeding can
reduce the risk along the same reasoning.(interesting
research project). peg

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!