RE: [IP] DM testing in Florida

 I found out that babies whose moms are Type I can be given an added
immunity against D if their mothers breastfeed  for at least 3 months.
The prelim. research came out in early 89 and was reaffirmed in 93 or
so.  IN 89 they didn't know how long you needed to breastfeed to give
your child the benefit.By 93 they said at least 3 months.  The  body
"reads" cow's milk and formula the same way.  The research says that
there is a trigger for children of Type Is (cow's milk) and formula is
read by the body as cow's milk.  The idea is to keep babies off cow's
milk as long as possible (preferably 12 months).  That is a great
motivator for Type I moms.  The point is that if there is anything you
can do to help your child keep from becoming diabetic, it should be
done.