Re: [IP] Re: DM testing in Florida

Here in NY, my youngest son was tested as part of the DPT-T1 roughly 18 months
after my oldest was diagnosed.  That result came back positive, but
fortunately, we were told my several experts in the field that the DPT results
often showed false positives.  So we had my little guy tested as part of the
DAISY study out of the BDC, and that result showed he was negative.  The last
yearly test (12 months after the initial sample) showed again that he was
negative.

If he were positive, just knowing that we should be extra careful about
watching for the symptoms would have been worth it.  Our first son was in the
beginning stages of DKA upon diagnoses.  There is no way in hell I want a
second child to go through that.

And who the F... says there is no or never will be a way to prevent it from
becoming full blown diabetes?  Closed minded thoughts like that would mean that
this world would be full of people living and dying with smallpox, polio,
diptheria, etc. etc.  The list goes on.  If we go with the info we have now,
like someone seemed to imply, why the f are we continuing to spend any money
whatsoever on research for any disease?  I fully expect my son to be cured.
And after that, I expect diabetes to be a childhood disease the will be cured
after contracting it, similar to infections that are treated with antibiotics.
I am not saying that antibiotics are going to be the cure for diabetes....

Mike O  (who abhors closed mindedness)