[IP] Re: Dr. Bernstein

Dr. Bernstein is a Type 1 himself and got
> himself a glucose machine when they first came out and were available only
> hospitals and doctors (his wife was a doctor).  <snip>
> He was probably the first diabetic to do home glucose testing.

That's a pretty broad assumption. If they made meters at that time, who was
using them? I would think it would be pretttttty hard to determine the first
home user of such a device. Other docs and hospital personnel having access
to them could also been using them at home. hmmmmmm (~_^)

Jan - who started testing in '82 by cutting strips in thirds and comparing
them to a color chart.