Subject: Re: [IP] DM testing in Florida

From: "Pat Bannon" <email @ redacted>

Pat, I too want them to prevent type 1.  But what makes you think that this
million is going to do anything to prevent type 1?  It's merely identifying
babies with the propensity to possibly develop type 1.  There's absolutely
NOTHING being done to prevent it at this time with this information.

>Having a daughter WITH diabetes and another daughter in the DPT trial that
tested positive for the ICA and IAA antibodies with no genetic protection ,
am for one GLAD that they are trying to prevent diabetes from happening!!!!
I think that prevention will actually happen before curing myself!  Why not
stop thousands of more children from this devastating disease..