Re: [IP] help i cant abide needing a machine to live (unresolved phobias)

Hello, The pump is the best thing that has happened for me in a long time. I
just started using my first pump about a month ago and it's made my life
better and easier. I'am 30 years old and have been diabetic for 10 years, I
was taking over 160 units of insulin a day, 4 to 6 shots daily. Now I'am down
to 110 units a day. My blood sugars now range from 78 to 110 instead of
250-400. I was afraid of using the pump at first but now I sometimes forget
it's even there. Sleeping with the pump took some getting used to but now it
is no problem. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask, the
people on this email list have been very supportive and caring. You will do
just fine.