Re: [IP] Children With Special Health Care Needs

CSHCH and CIDC are the same programs.  It is great for covering diabetic
supplies if someone qualifies financially and they will cover the entire
costs of  supplies The only problem right now is that there is a waiting
list so it's really important that you complete an application as soon as
possible as when they reopen they will probably open on first come first
serve basis. (Hopefully there will be additional funds so families can
receive help immediately.)  There is no cost to the family for CSHCN.

There's also a program called CHIP that does not have a waiting list.  It is
for families who do not have health insurance and has about the same income
guidelines as CSHCN.  Depending on someone's income, there may be a maximum
monthly fee of $18 which covers all children in the family up to 18 years of
age and there may be a copy of $5 per prescription. In addition, CHIP will
cover all medical expenses for a child similar to any other insurance plan.
You do have to use CHIP doctors, dentists, and suppliers.

If you let me know where approximately you live in Texas, I will give you
the number to the CSHCN office closest to you,  I can also give you the
number to CHIP--it's an 800 number and you can call them about their
program.  I don't have the numbers at home but can send them to you
tomorrow...just let me know.