RE: [IP] DM testing in Florida

I think this is another horrendous waste of money.  At this moment in time,
there's NOTHING they can do to prevent or delay onset.  All it can do is
worry more parents about the possible inevitable (not even definite).  I'm
sorry that ADA has agreed to fund this project.  This $10 MILLION dollars
should have gone to research towards curing diabetes which may have yielded
some kind of worthwhile results.  Anyone else agree with me?  If so, please
write to ADA and let them know.

BTW, several years ago my daughter was tested in the DPT.  At that time she
tested ICA+, but also IAA, ICA512 and anti-GAD65 negative.  She did not show
presence of the protective gene.  Someone should have provided counseling
before any of these tests were run, so I could have known what the options
would have been upon finding out this info.  Instead, I spent months and
months on the internet contacting researchers worldwide yada yada yada.

First let's cure diabetes, then screen those who have the propensity to
develop it so we can do something for them!

Very sincerely yours,
Ellen H. Ullman
Mom, Advocate for children who have diabetes and their parents, Friend,
Webmaster...<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html">http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html  (KidsRPumping)</A>
Please support funding a cure for diabetes: Diabetes Research Institute in
Miami, Florida:  <A HREF="http://www.drinet.org">http://www.drinet.org</A>