RE: [IP] Teen issues

There is a LOOOONG name, but basically it is scar tissue.  21/2 yrs. ago
I got mosquito bites (3 in a row on the front of my shin) that never
went away. I scratched and the skin became inflamed.  I was at my worst
control at that point ( I never checked my bs and didn't worry about
taking shots on a regular basis---I was a full-blown anorexic at the
time, and didn't mind that high bs caused me to lose a lot of weight.)I
went to the dermatologist and he biopsied them to make sure that it was
NLD.  Then he injected cortisone under them to lighten them.  It
lightened them for awhile, but you have to have it done 2-3 times a year
to keep them light.  I have found that good control has lightened them
some. It just looks like normal red scar tissue, or like a birthmark
that is slightly raised.  I have never heard about this complication
related to diabetes until I saw this dr.  50% of all diabetics are
genetically predisposed to this condition.