[IP] Re: Pain killers and kidneys

email @ redacted writes:

> While NSAIDS may be great for your shoulder, they are not so great
> for your kidneys. Like diabetes, the damage done at any given time is
> small and not noticeable. Over time, the cumulative effects can be
> not-so-great. Everyone is different, but the studies done to date
> indicate that people with kidney problems or likely to have kidney
> problems should steer clear of NSAIDS when possible.
> Michael
> email @ redacted

I was taking naprosyn for about a year for a problem with my foot.  My 24
your urine went from 53 to 2000!  This could have also been caused by poor
control but I have always had good results on this test.  I stopped taking
the naprosyn, started on on ACE inhibitor and worked on getting tighter
control which let me to getting a pump (even with 5 shots a day, it seemed
that the harder I tried, the worse it got).  One year later I had no protein
in my urine.  It may not have been the naprosyn and maybe the high level of
protein was just a fluke but now I try to vary and limit which pain killers I
use and not take too much of any type.

Type 1 28 years, pump 2 +