[IP] Re: Mom has foot amputated

email @ redacted writes:

> Let me tell you guys the feeling of seeing her after her  surgery,
> not only was this my mom, my best friend, my confident, but also a
> diabetic.
> I looked at her with so many feelings, I couldnt help but to break down.
> THis diease is not fair! My mom is 51 and she is very sick, now changed for
> the rest of her life. We now have a long rehab ahead of us, when we get out
> of intensive care. Sorry to vent! thanks for listening! -Heather  >>>
Heather - my heart goes out to you.  I am very close to my Mom as well so I
can imagine how hard it is to see her suffering.  Ron Santo (ex Cub and
sports announcer) recently had his leg amputated below the knee.  When I
found out I was diabetic in 1973 I knew he (Ron Santo) was a diabetic, I
thought if you could be a Chicago Cub and be diabetic that certainly diabetes
would not keep me from doing anything I wanted to do.  This helped me to
accept being diabetic.  It was upsetting to me to hear about his amputation.
Yes this disease is very unfair.

Type 1 - 28 years, pumping 2+ years