[IP] Re: letting teens live a normal life

I remember 2 weeks after my son was out of the hospital after his initial dx, he went to Boy Scout Camp for a week.  I wanted so badly to cancel the trip but knew if I did it would be the beginning of things he  couldn't do because he had diabetes.  I was so nervous the entire time, 500 boys, no indoor plumbing, one nurse- yikes!!  The week went by without a hitch, I'm glad I let him go but still have a knot in my stomach from that experience!
Janet in Ohio