Re: : [IP] Periods, Puberty, and Pumping

In a message dated 1/6/02 6:38:29 AM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted
writes:

<< Jenny's class is going to DC and New York next June. Since we are
 traveling from California, and big bucks have already been paid, we are
 still going. I *will* go on the trip. The discussion is whether I will
 be in a room with Jen and two other girls or in another room with other
 girls.  I am telling her that she needs to be very, very good about
 remembering to bolus between now and then if she doesn't want me in the
 same hotel room. So far, my  "reward" (or is it a threat?) doesn't seem
 to make much difference. >>
No way would I let my son go himself when he was in 8th grade.  He was on MDI
at the time and I knew from letting my daughter go on the DC trip that they
ate at fast food restaurants at odd hours and didn't get much sleep.  Another
boy with D. went and his father stayed in another room with other chaperones.
 Guess what?  His son seized in the middle of the night from all the
exercise.  He was also on MDI at the time.
   I would say to you that if your daughter really wants to go, I would go
with her and make her check in with you her bs numbers, etc.  I would
definitely go with her too.  As far as staying in the room, definitely yes!