[IP] being a teenager

I only have one piece of advice for parensts of teenagers that are struggling
with diabetes. Try to help, not hinder. My endo told me something last time I
saw him, "bg isn't supposed to be a punishment, it is just info to help you do
better.Don't get mad...and don't get discouraged." I am 18 and I take
advantage of being on the pump. I hate it that i do it...but I feel like I
have no time for the various things that diabetes entails...but I have
realized that I need to take care of myself. Mom got me a PDA and that has
already helped me get organized. But, dont' be too hard on your daugher and
don't threaten. It won't help. It will only make her feel bad and get angry at