Re: [IP] High blood sugars-menstruation

To all women noticing cyclic insulin and blood sugar changes:

Over the past three years or so I have documented that about 14 to 19 days
into my cycle (My cycles have always fluctuated from 28 to 33 days)
everything goes wacky and I cannot get my blood sugars under 250.  I assume I
am ovulating and set a different set of basal rates (started with raising all
of them 0.1 per hour then tweaked them so they are close to this but not
perfectly this simple).  I keep this set of basal rates for almost two weeks
and all of a sudden my blood sugars are in the pits!  I am often hypoglycemic
unaware and they can get into the high 30's to low 40's before I realize they
are low.  I change my basal rates back to my "other profile" and within six
hours my period starts.  At that point I can usually count back and 14 days
earlier I had changed my basal rates!  After doing this several months my
doctor had me on the CBGM twice, once in the leuteal phase and once in the
follicular phase.  It was nice to document this and to further "tweak" those

Seems like I am more insulin resistant in the progesterone stage of my cycle.

Just my experience.  YMMV
Cee Dee