Re: [IP] advil NOT!

> >You shouldnt take Naprosyn, Advil or any other NSAID drug, Asprin isn't great
> >either.
> >spot
> I take Ibuprofen, even had a prescription for really strong stuff.
> It's never given me any problems.   And my orthopedic doctor gave me
> prescriptions for NSAIDs for my shoulder problems.  YMMV.
While NSAIDS may be great for your shoulder, they are not so great
for your kidneys. Like diabetes, the damage done at any given time is
small and not noticeable. Over time, the cumulative effects can be
not-so-great. Everyone is different, but the studies done to date
indicate that people with kidney problems or likely to have kidney
problems should steer clear of NSAIDS when possible.