[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Children with special health care needs

My son was on the children's with special health care needs insurance. He has
downs syndrome with a heart defect. The extra insurance was fine when it was
just my husband working, they paid what ever my husband's insurance would not
pay for. But it seemed to take forever and a day to get them to pay and the
doctors offices seemed to think it was our responsibility to pay for the bills
when they said they would. Also, it is always prudent to make sure you follow
the referral process to the letter. A regular doctor  or a health check up at
the health department - has to refer the child to a specialist. I found it OK
when we couldn't afford to pay for all his health care needs, but like I said,
make sure you go through their referral process (it seemed like they made the
rules up like they went along, which was Bull Shoot!) and took a very long
time to pay the bills. Sharon and B. Gumby
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml