Re: [IP] Mom had foot amputated

My heart goes out to you and your mom. It must be wonderful to have such
caring and loving family members. I don't know what to say other than stick
by her and encourage and love her.

email @ redacted

Heather wrote:
>>> Hi all,  Well my mom had to have her foot amputated on Thurday, due to
an infection in it, she had a charcots foot (sp?) The infection had caused
her body to go into septic shock and her kidneys to shut down. We took her
to the ER new years eve night, and she has been in intesive care every
since. Let me tell you guys the feeling of seeing her after her  surgery,
not only was this my mom, my best friend, my confident, but also a diabetic.
I looked at her with so many feelings, I couldnt help but to break down.
THis diease is not fair! My mom is 51 and she is very sick, now changed for
the rest of her life. We now have a long rehab ahead of us, when we get out
of intensive care. Sorry to vent! thanks for listening! -Heather  >>>

- Just remember ....
   "It is not how far you walk, but it is how deep the
             foot prints you left behind!"