[IP] changing lancets...

Have read many messages from all about changing the lancets. Yeah, I probably
have enough extras to last me for the rest of my "normal" (ha!) life. I test
about 6x each day, and change the lancet about every 2-3 months. Remember,
the companies want you to change "every time". They are in business to make
$$.  They also have to cover themselves, legally. If, on the other hand, you
have any other auto-immune problems, like transplants, etc., you should do
the "right" thing.

I've been insulin dependent for 45+ yrs. When the blood testing machines
first came out, my first was in the 1970's, I think, the pharmacy person
showing me how to work it insisted that I use the check-test strips every
day, to make certain the monitor was correct. HA! Never used them. They
always expired, and I had an extra meter, if things didn't seem right. You
must do what you feel comfortable doing. Just remember, the companies will
tell you the "right" thing, and if you choose to vary it according to your
own needs......

be well!
email @ redacted
45+ yrs. IDDM, mostly looney tunes, no relation to hypos, and on the
MiniMed508 since June!!!