[IP] Animas Pump Batteries

In a message dated 1/5/2002 7:49:20 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Also:  Does anyone have any idea how much the
>  batteries cost for an Animas R-1000?  I am still on my
>  first set and know I will have to change soon.  Also
>  does insurance usually cover this as a diabetic
>  supply?  I am wondering if I would be better off
>  ordering them from Animas, or going to WalMart?

You need 4 of the 357 batteries for your Animas pump.  The last price list I
have from Animas (March 2001) lists them as $24 for a 12 pack (four batteries
last about 7-8 weeks in my daughter's Animas pump -- YMMV).   Insurance will
usually cover batteries IF they get billed as "Disposable Power Packs" and
not as "batteries" (the pump companies know this --- but it'll of course
depend on your specific insurance coverage).

If you don't need to order any other pump supplies at this time but are
getting close to needing new batteries, it might be cheaper and faster to buy
them locally and not have to pay shipping and/or wait for the insurance
approval.  The last time I bought a set at Target (in a little stand on the
counter over in the electronic sections where they sell cameras, electric
razors, and video games etc.), I think the batteries were either $2.37 or
$2.49 each.

Pumpmama to Katie -- happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since 6-1-01