Re: [IP] Re: Splenda and baking

In a message dated 1/5/02 8:49:19 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted

> How do you bake with Splena, because the volume is so
> much less than real sugar?  Also I would think the
> moisture content of the food would be affected?  Do
> you still have to use some sugar?  I would really be
> interested in baking with it.
> Also:  Does anyone have any idea how much the
> batteries cost for an Animas R-1000?  I am still on my
> first set and know I will have to change soon.  Also
> does insurance usually cover this as a diabetic
> supply?  I am wondering if I would be better off
> ordering them from Animas, or going to WalMart?
> Pat (pumped!!!!!!)

First.....substitute Spenda exactly for sugar...I bake with it all the
time...it will be fine.....Second....batteries are cheapest through
Animas....12/$24....I paid $12/4 at Radio Shack to make sure Mary had backup
in her kit......my insurance does not cover it...none does according to
Animas....but I would always try :)