[IP] Re: Prescription costs for U.S. residents -- Canada

Hi Bud,
     I assume you are re-posting your message because you didn't get any
     I can't really answer your question, but I'll tell you what I know (or
think I know!) as a Canadian.
     In general, I think that yes, our prescription and also non-prescription
drugs are cheaper than in the USA.  However, you might have to be careful
that this is true for the drug you are considering.  The Canadian dollar is
terribly low right now and your money will go a long way in this country.
     I know that I have seen tv news stories about Americans coming across
the border and having prescriptions filled.  However, I think that they may
have to have a prescription written by a doctor licensed in the province of
purchase.  We have recently moved from Ontario to British Columbia and I have
to have a B.C. doctor re-write all of Claire's Rxs, as the pharmacies are not
allowed to take a Rx written by an Ontario doctor.  In an emergency however,
they would help you out.
     Pumps and pump supplies are not prescription items.  Therefore, you
would not need a Rx to purchase these in Canada.  While the actual pumps cost
a lot less in Canada, I'm not sure that the infusion sets and cartridges are
the same bargain here.  If you were interested I could post the prices of
sets and reservoirs(for Disetronic and Minimed and I might also have the
Animas price list) from 2 main suppliers in Canada.
Best regards,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7