RE: [IP] Teens and Pumping

I think that unless a person wants to take care of themselves they
won't.  I abused myself for about 3 yrs. (I took care of myself through
pregnancies, etc., but ignored my diabetes for yrs.)I got to thinking
about the fact that I had receding gumlines at 35 yrs. of age; I have
skin lesions (inflamed skin that started with bugbites 2 yrs ago--called
NLD---some skin condition associated with D)on the fronts of my shins
that will be there til I am toes-turned-up, etc.  Thankfully, no eye,
kidney, nerve damage.  I woke up and smelled the coffee in time to
prevent some of the less appetizing complications.  Teenagers, by their
very nature, think that they are immortal. Hopefully, she will recover
from "teenagehood" in time to see that there is no getting away from D.
I know it must be hard to stand by and not lecture!  I would be
preaching and nagging 24/7, and probably doing more harm than good.
I will say prayers for you.