RE: [IP] Going to the beach!

Hi Michael:
Sure do hope that the sun will be shining and it will be warm.  Usually is
that far south but we too have been having cold temps (central FL) to
freezing.

I disconnect my pump if I'm going swimming and make certain that I put that
little plastic piece in as well.

I live in Florida but don't go to the beach but what I did was carry around
a small insulated cooler with an ice pack in it in a ziplock bag.  I put the
pump into the cooler so that the sun wouldn't affect it.

I have another pumper friend who says she just puts a towel over it but I
found that if I do that, the pump still gets warm so I think it's safer to
put in a cooler.

Hope that helps and please watch out for sunburn and use a good sunblock
w/at least an SPF of 30!  You can't imagine how strong the sun is down here.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00