[IP] Pump Support Group - 1/10/2002 - 7:00 p.m. Boca Raton, FL

Thursday, January 10, 2002
7:00 p.m.
Whitehall Nursing Home Cinema Room
7300 Del Prado South
Boca Raton, Florida

The obvious is that we go with the flow of New Year's Reolutions....But this
time we shall try to understand and deal with the ongoing problem of
procrastinations, i.e. why we put off our health tasks and need to wait until
the New Year to begin and perhaps quit too quickly.

We are all playful about this part of ourselves, which has potentially
dangerous consequences.  I hope each of you will think about what reasons you
individually have that keep you from initiation and maintaining your
successes: Perfectionsim?  Avoidance of change because of anxiety or fear?
Not wanting to shift gears to take care of you?  Social self-consciousness?
Fear of commitment, success or failure?  Seeing the issues as too large and

It is worth figuring out for yourself as procrastination does not have to be
a permanent fixture in your life; rather it is a habit that can be
altered...with a little bit of help from your friends and an attitude fix.
Start with the easiest part first, prioritize, organize, target small
changes, make a commitment out loud with a partner or with a group such as
Weigh Watchers, or write about it. The following poem is by Wendy Satin

The art of the stall
Please read this
Please read this now.

The suffering
In the waiting
And the ending
No art at all.

Dr. Wendy Satin Rapaport, clinical psychologist, facilitates the group and
you can reach her at 561-477-8595 if you have any questions.

Exit I-95 at Palmetto Park Road, West.  Continue past Powerline Road to Del
Prado South.  Turn right onto Del Prado.  Follow street to Whitehall entrance
on right.

Sponsored by Diabetes Research Institute Foundation