[IP] 13, erratic bs's, teens

 "JoAnn and Judith mentioned the fact that their teenage sons have
erratic blood sugars -- don't you suppose some of this is due to
hormones?  Also, 13 year old boys might not always adhere to their plan
as well as we'd like for them too.  " I know so well about the hormones
and puberty, Jake is way ahead on his puberty.  We have battled the blood
sugars off and on since he was diagnosed.  However, so far (knocking on
wood) we do not have the problem with him eating and not telling us what
he eats.  Jake tends to get himself in trouble telling the truth.  I
think he knows he feels better when in control of his bs's, and strangely
enough, he prefers the non-sugar things, we just make sure we are well
stocked for his choices at all times.  As far as dealing with our "teens"
I guess we can just hang on tight, and pray this roller coaster is a
short ride!--- Judith Brooks--- email @ redacted EarthLink:
The #1 provider of the Real Internet.