[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #6

In a message dated 1/3/2002 10:48:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:51:22 -0600
> From: "Pat Bannon" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Periods, Puberty, and Pumping
>
> My daughter will be heading there soon.
> YIkes!  She is 12 too!

At our house, it took a whole year, or more, of watching her HbgA1C go from
6.42 to over 10, before the hormones, and periods, straightened out!
Thankfully the growth hormone surges leveled out, and at 16 now, she is
pretty stable. Our answer was to increase her testing frequency to find the
highs (mostly midmorning). Just stick to it and good luck.
Joann (Mom to Cara, 16, Type 1 since 2/97)