Re: [IP] Birth control pills and blood sugar control

In a message dated 1/3/02 7:11:27 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< My 18 year old daughter has had diabetes since she was 12 and has been
pumping for almost a year now.  Her dermatologist has prescribed birth
control pills to see if they will help with her acne.  Does anyone know
if the pill affects blood sugar readings?  Thanks for your ideas!!

Bev Paul >>

I have been taking birth control pills ever since I was diagnosed IDDM at age
21 so I don't know what my control would be without them. All I know is that
they have not inhibited excellent control, which I have been able to obtain
most of the time.
dxed IDDM 9/92, getting pumped 1/8/02!