[IP] Re: pump supply company

email @ redacted writes:

> Hello. I have United Healthcare and am trying to find a contracted
> company from which to get my D pump supplies. United keeps giving me
> companies that don't have pump supplies. Anybody have a good company to
> work with that is contracted with united? thanks.
> safieh saib
When I had United Health Care, I got my supplies directly from Minimed and
all the paper work was handled and they were covered at 100%.  I know each
plan is different and I switched to HMO Illinois because the choice I had
with United Health Care would have a deductible and 10% co-pay which would
really add up.  I now have to get my supplies thru Ultracare and they are
still covered at 100% but I see what they bill and it is over double what
they charge on the Minimed website!  Plus they have sent me the wrong things
before.  The first person I talked to at Ultracare about insulin pump
supplies asked me if I was an insulin dependent diabetic!  I'm sure she
thought it was an intelligent question.  I'd rather go through Minimed where
they know what I need.