[IP] Pump for type 2

Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 23:17:34 -0700
To: Insulin Pumpers <email @ redacted>
From: Neil Hejny <email @ redacted>
Subject: Pump for Type 2
I've recently joined the group, and have quickly found a wealth of
knowledge available here.
I've been diagnosed Type 2 since 5/99. I've been diagnosed IDDM since 2+
weeks ago, and am taking Humalog w/ each meal and snack, and Lantus at
bedtime. I'm already tired of injections!
I contacted Minimed to get info on their 508 pump. They volunteered to
determine if my insurance company would pay for a pump. They told me
that since I am Type 2, the answer is "no".
Any thoughts on how I can convince my insurance company otherwise?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.