[IP] Re: Great West Life

Hi Wendy,
     I've never dealt with Great West Life (in Winnipeg they used to call it
great wasted life if you went to work there!!), but I don't think it matters
about which company it is.
     My husband's employer has changed insurance providers in the past and
the guarantee to employees was that the new coverage would be at least as
good as the old coverage.  Did your husband's employer assure you of that?
If so, it is the company's problem to work out--they should have to guarantee
your supplies at the same cost as in the past.  I would talk to the
administrative officer in your husband's company and let them take care of
the problem, that's their job.  If they have to re-write the policy and back
date to December 1, well that's their problem.  Alternatively, they could
choose to reimburse you directly for your costs until the policy is updated.
Good luck.  We have had great success dealing with Maritime Insurance, the
young lady is always helpful and polite.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7