[IP] Periods, Puberty, and Pumping

My 12 year old daughter was diagnosed at age 4, began pumping at age 8, and
now has started her period. She's using 33.4 (no typo!) units of humalog for
just her basals and another 25-35 units for her boluses each day. Her numbers
will even out for 2-3 weeks at a time and then we have to rework her
basals...unfortunately, this follows no cycle or pattern.

Anyone have advice for surviving this roller coaster called adolescence while
juggling diabetes?

Thanks for any help!