I got the name of the best endo I ever had from a nurse doing an educational
seminar on diabetes.  I told her I was interested in getting pregnant and
needed a good doctor and she recommended someone who worked very closely with
an OB.  I was able to see them at the same place every Tuesday afternoon and
they had a meeting to discuss all the high risk patients beforehand.

I do really like my current doctor (who is an internist).  He was
"in-network" and I called and talked to someone in the office about whether
he treated diabetics or not and she said her mother was diabetic and saw him.
 He admits I know more about the pump than him (I believe I am his only
patient on the pump).  He will make suggestions but will also let me try what
I want for example humalog (years ago), the pump and most recently, Novalog.

Type 1 28 years - pump 2+ years