[IP] Re: Shelley's daughter

Hi Shelley,

My 14 year old has use a pump since he was 12 (dx'd at 11). From the moment
of diagnoses I began researching the pump. I talked to my son about it as
soon as I knew he could get it.  I showed him video's from the pump
manufactories.  I wanted it so bad for him.  He went along with the whole
thing but one day after a particular tough stretch with the pump he said he
wanted to quit.  I was devastated but let him make the decision.  He lasted
about a day without it and has never gone back.  I knew he had to want it.  I
can only imagine with a daughter (I have 2 myself) -I think if they knew I
wanted it for them they would resist. You will have to make her believe it
was her idea.  The first few years were terribly stressful.  I didn't realize
until now.  I feel for you and your family.  The pump has made the difference
in our family.  Take care.

Janet in Ohio