[IP] A1C

hi everyone,

since all the talk about what set is being used, i thought i mention that i
switched to the QS from the SS.  the QS is much easier to me to insert
since the adhesive is more than enough to keep it in place.  i had two bad
experiences with the SS's with my clumbsie fingers pulling it out before i
could apply the adhesive tape. on the a1c side of things, i've been pumping
for a month and just had my first a1c results. previously i was 13.6 which
seemed to be average for my past ten years of diabetes.  with the pump, i
recorded my first a1c under 10, it was 8.2 and i am still adjusting to pump
life.  my highs have been much lower and my lows are less frequent and with
more finger sticks, i can track where i need to change my intake of carbs
or correcting of them.  just a thanks to all of you who post on IP.  i
learned alot and appreciate your advise.  by the way, i have a mini med 508
and only had to call tech support once,  they answer my question without
any holding time and also gave me a call back to be sure everything was ok.

john s