Re: [IP] ultra strips

On 1 Jan 2002 at 14:08, Trish Ober wrote:

> I always combine at least two vials of strips in one - have had no problems.
>   I test 10 to 15 times per day so they don't last too long.
> A question I have - the "old" vials of ultra test strips fit perfectly in the
> black nylon case provided for the ultra meter - fit right inside the elastic
> under the meter.  HOWEVER - the "new easy-open vial" does not fit inside that
> same elastic strip - it is way too big.  What have others done with this vial?
>  Luckily I figured out the new vial would not fit and was able to grab my
> "last" original vial out of the top of the trash.  Since that time I have been
> putting all of my strips into the "old" vial every time I open a "new" vial so
> that the container will fit in my case.

One thing about "re-using" the old containers is that the cap has the silica gel used to keep the moisture level down.  I would presume that these would have a "life" to them
and would not be functional after a period of exposure. You might want to try fitting the new vials into the case or getting a longer elastic strap in place.