Re: [IP] warning - possible virus

At 09:34 AM 1/01/02 The Kaddens wrote:
 >it seems my computer is sending out something to people i dont know, or to
 >people off of web sites i've visited.
 >since there is a IP web site, i figured i'd warn y'all.
 >if you do get any mail with attachments from me, don't open!!
 >meanwhile, i'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on and how to stop

Have you tried running a virus scanner with the current virus definitions?

Also there are programs called "spyware" that get downloaded to your system
without your knowledge that "call home" to let companies know what sites
you are surfing to. You can get rid of these programs by downloading a
program called AdAware at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/index.html.