[IP] palm pilot...worth the expense?

For those of you who bought palm pilots, what do you use it for?  What dm
related tasks are made easier by having it?  Did you have to buy any
software or did it come with everything you needed?  How much money did you
spend- top of the line, basic?  Do you think it's worth the expense, I mean
does it really help that much with dm related stuff?  I can make my own
lists and calendars and phone books in one of those old fashioned planners,
so I'm trying to decide if I should get a aplm pilot.  Could 2 people share
one?  Thanks!