Re: [IP] Wine and cooking

The slow uptake of pasta and pizzas for me have made no difference if I've had
a red wine sauce or not.... Where do you live? I'll be right over for that
dinner! <G>!

Jenny Sutherland
I would like to cook spaghetti sauce with red wine in it.  I am
assuming that the cooking process will get rid of the alcohol and leave the
flavor, but I don't want to assume and have him experience a 1 a.m. hypo.
I've looked in several recipe books for diabetes diets, but none of them
talk about using alcohol in cooking, only drinking it out of a glass (or
bottle I suppose =})

Any insight from experience would be welcome.

Heidi O. Strauch (wife of Sayer: dx 4/87, MM 507 1/98)