Re: [IP] Animas pumps

I had the BEST phone conversation with our local Animas rep out here in WA
state today.  I put in an inquirie the other day on their website for his
info and the interest in having him come be a speaker for our local support
group for families with D. kids.  He was VERY interested and plans on coming.
 He told me more about the company than I've ever known.  This company was
set up to not only sell the product but more important to be an active group
of educators talking about diabetes in general and pump therapy in general.
He 'warned' me that when he talks to groups he is talking about pump therapy
and not about their pump unless someone asks specific questions.  He will
bring along demos for people to see and will of course answer their questions
but his, and the company's, priority seems to be to teach people about pump
therapy in general.  Cool, huh?!!  They also set themselves up so that they
are falling under JAICO (Barb, help me here on the spelling please)
guidelines, that is why it is a little harder becoming a pump trainer with
their company, but NOT impossible.  He is already looking into the specifics
for me!

  Anyway, I look forward to starting a working relationship as a support
person in our area for ALL of the pump companies because I'm  a firm believer
that all DMers should have this opportunity for better control.  I don't care
which pump, just get one!

All done now!  Thanks for listening!

mom to Joshua