You said:

>>I'm with you, mel!!!      i wear my ribbon each and everyday, and if
has ideas, i'll do all i can to help!     count me in!!!!!<<

My suggestion is kind of simple: Join up with your closest JDRF Chapter.
They are pushing Washington and the world to help them fund a cure. I will
be on Capital Hill Feb 25-27 as part of a National contingent to convince
Congress to fund our cure. Log on at www.jdrfcure.org or www.jdfcure.org and
see how you can join in. They have legislative updates by email and regular
calls to action. I'm biased, but I think they have the complete right idea!!
And they have really nice looking gray ribbon pins