[IP] Greetings

Hello all!

My name is Toninette L Barner-Clark.  I am the mom of a 3 3/4 year old
diabetic named Joshua.  Diagnosed at age 18 months, we just passed our 2 year
anniversary on 13 Dec 2000.

Joshua is not pumping......yet.  This is my resolution for 2001.  He will be
pumping by the time he starts Kindergarted in Aug 2002.

Our ped endo has no children under the age of 14 on the pump, only because she
and her staff are very busy, understaffed, overworked, and don't have the time
to deal with younger kids on the pump.

I understand their reasoning, but basically don't care.  They can learn.  I
might be going out on a limb here, but isn't a 3 yo pumper just like a 14 yo
pumper?  More control on the 3yo due to parental involvement.

I'm slightly frustrated in this pursuit, thus the need to join this community.
Please email any thoughts, ideas, plans to help me move this adventure along!
Names of your docs and phone numbers would be helpful if they (docs) are
willing to help.

Our doc is not against putting Joshua on the pump, just needs to learn.  I'm
the one to give her all of the resources to do so!

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Joshua 3 3/4 (dx'd 18m)
Jacob 6 (nonD)
Craig - perfect husband